Saturday, June 12, 2010

And so it begins...

Let me start this blog out with the overwhelming thought in my head: My first group comes in tomorrow! ahhh!!

2+ weeks of training, 56 notecards of information, 8 pray tour routes, and too many sandwiches for lunch to count, we are finally ready to start. I'm slightly freaking out, but i'm freaking out with excitement. I get to cohost with Allie--- what a blessing. I love her.

Please pray that we only speak with Christ forming the words, always be in prayer, and that these kids are receptive to the lessons of the city. Be praying for physcial and mental strength for me and my other hosts as we will be exerting ourselves from here on out for the rest of the summer. We will be more tired than we've ever been before and we will be working and serving every minute of every day. Pray for us to be humbled and that we would be instruments through which these kids can learn about the rest of God's children and the realities of this beautiful, incredible city.


Hope. Renewal. Restoration. These are our goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment